4-H Volunteer Opportunities at the Anoka County Fair – Sign up today!
HOW TO SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER
Sign up will be online! Click on the following link to enter volunteer names into the sign-up sheet: z.umn.edu/cfvolform.
Reference the list below for details on the volunteer job you choose. The numbers correspond with the sign-ups online. Volunteers will be sent a confirmation in July on what their volunteer shifts are. If you have any questions please contact Julie at the 4-H office at 763-755-1280.
VOUNTEER ROLES AVAILABLE
- Exhibit Building Clean-up Day: Friday, July 10, 4-7 pm. Youth and adult volunteers are needed to join the fun of cleaning and setting up the Exhibit Building before County Fair starts! Any 4-H family, individual or club is welcome!
- Exhibit Building Set-up/Prep Day: Friday, July 17, any time between 10 am and 12 pm. Any 4-H family, individual, or club. Help includes arranging shelves, benches, setting up judging tables, etc.
- Judges’ Assistants, Monday: Youth leaders and adults to assist judges and help at the entry tables. Help arrange projects, put stickers on exhibit cards, and assist judge. Shifts are from 12:30-4:30 or 4:15-8. You may sign up for one or two shifts.
- Judges’ Assistants, Tuesday: See above description.
- Adult Help at Entry Tables, Monday: Help check in 4-H families, give out exhibitor cards, answer questions. Shifts are from 12:30-4:30 or 4:15-8. You may sign up for one or two shifts.
- Adult Help at Entry Tables, Tuesday: See above description.
- Project Area Stewards, Monday: Adult volunteers to organize various sections of the 4-H building: cloverbuds/personal growth/self-determined, creative & fine arts, foods, and mechanical science.
- Project Area Stewards, Tuesday: Adult volunteers to organize various sections of the 4-H building: clothing/quilting, needle arts/child development, natural resources, and photography.
- Exhibit Building Evening Clean-up: To assist in closing duties including sweeping, closing tents, watering plants, etc. One to two clubs per evening, 4-5 volunteers needed each night.
- 4-H Information Booth: Adult volunteers/older youth staff information booth to answer questions and promote 4-H.
- Green Team/Youth Room: Youth 6th grade and up are needed to monitor the youth room, keep it clean and under appropriate use, help with building upkeep, and promote 4-H.
- FunWorks: Youth, 11 years and up, and adults needed to lead activities for young children.
- Family Fun Night: Run a game or an activity station on Wednesday evening of the fair from 5:30-7:30 pm. This event is designed for all families to learn about 4-H and have fun! Volunteers of all ages are welcome.
- Ag Scavenger Hunt: Saturday from 12:30-3:30 pm help lead activities that teach about agriculture for kids. No previous knowledge needed!
- Clover Shop: Sell 4-H items and refreshments. Adults and youth, ages 13 and older or youth 12 and under may help if accompanied by an adult. Please limit to two shifts. Check 2 weeks prior to fair and if there are still openings, you may fill in additional shifts.
- Animal Shows: Show clerks and judges’ assistants for all animal judging. Show clerk duties include assisting the judge and keeping official track of scoring. Judges’ assistant duties include handing out trophies and ribbons.
- Livestock Barn Monitors: Help maintain order and answer questions about 4-H in the livestock barns.
- Poultry/Rabbit Barn Monitors: Help maintain order and answer questions about 4-H in the poultry/rabbit barn.
- Exhibit Release: Teens and adults are needed on Sunday night of County Fair to help with the set-up, implementation of release of all exhibits, and clean-up.