- Now is the time to sign up to become a Carlton County Master Gardener! Applications are being taken now in order for you to be ready for the core course when it is offered in early 2015. Call 218-384-3511 for an application.
- You are invited to view the results of a call cover crop project at the Scott Peterson farm in Floodwood on Tuesday, October 15 from noon - 3 pm.
- Come on a road trip to Fargo, ND with the Northeast Forage and Grassland Council Fall Tour group! On October 1-2 vans will be taking folks to tour research facilities and farms along the way and in Fargo. Cost is approximately $25 plus meals and lodging.
- Abnormally high fly populations this summer can lead to increased incidence of diseases like pinkeye in livestock.
- It's the time of year that gardeners may be starting to notice damage to their cucumbers, squash and melons that may be caused by the striped cucumber beetle or the spotted cucumber beetle.
- Open our quarterly newsletter to find out what's going on at Carlton County Extension. Activities in agriculture, 4-H, Master Gardener and Home Study Groups are announced in the Extension Connection!
- Carlton County Extension office puts together information about events, programs and pertinent articles in a quarterly newsletter called the Extension Connection.