County Agriculture Educator in Carver County
- Fall Nitrogen Applications - October 24, 2016Recommendations and online resources for Minnesotans on N applications
- Crop and Soil Conditions Affected by Wet Weather and Soil Compaction - Sep. 27, 2016Consistently wet conditions in Minnesota continue to raise concerns about mold in corn and soybeans, stalk problems in corn, and rot related to wet soil. Lack of water use by the plant creates saturated soil conditions susceptible to compaction this fall. High soil moisture increases soil compaction caused by field traffic and machinery.Read about controlled traffic and other tips.
- Palmer Amaranth: A Significant Aggressive Weed Recently Found in MN - Sep. 27, 2016Extension Weed Science staff urges farmers to check fields for Palmer amaranth, an aggressive weed that can put corn and soybean crops at risk.Report infestations to the MDA.
- Remember these Tips when Baling Corn Residue - Sept. 14, 2016Important factors to consider when determining which fields and how much residue can be removed while maintaining soil organic matter levels
- Carver/ Scott Soil TestingPlan ahead for soil fertility.
- Keep up to date with the very latest in Extension in Carver & Scott Counties!"Like" our Facebook Page!