Clay County Fair Premium Book Available
What’s involved in showing at the Clay County Fair?
1. 1/15/2014 Enroll as a 4-H member 2. ID your animals 2/15/2014 & 5/15/2014 3.Enter each animal and non-livestock exhibit no later than June 16, 2014.
How do I go about that?
• Review the entire premium book with special attention to italicized sections for 2014 updates. 4‐H Competitive Events: Deadlines, Consequences and Exemptions Table, Cloverbud Policy and Animal Science are three of the updated sections.
• Use the Premium Book to find Class/Lot codes to list each entry individually.
• Mark on the entry form the size of t-shirt for each youth and thank Ag Country for their generous gift again this year.
• Circle yes if the 4-Her would like to purchase a ride bracelet for $34 and enclose a check. No requests for ride bracelets can be honored after June 16th.
• Check the Food Stand Schedule on page 3. All 4-H members and their families are required to work in the stand. Last year the Food Stand made $6000 profit. This is a large and vital part of our operating budget. Please work with your club leader to sign up for and work your shift.
• Review the Help Form for areas to volunteer. The fair experience would not be as successful without numerous and resourceful youth and adult volunteers. Non-family members and alumni are welcome.
What do I do if I have questions?
• Contact the Extension Office via phone at 219-299-5020 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help you through the process and love to hear from you.
Where do I send the Entry Forms?
• University of Minnesota Extension 4-H, 715 11th St. N. Suite 107 B, Moorhead, MN 56560.
What is the deadline for Entry Forms?
• June 16, 2014 is the deadline to participate in the fair without penalty of recognition for Grand and Reserve Champion or State Fair eligibility.