County Horticulture Educator in Clay County
- Time to order garden seedVegetable seed catalogs have occupied a corner of my kitchen counter for a month.
- Crops / Small Grains Update to be held on January 19, 2016You are invited to attend the Crops / Small Grains Update program at the American Legion, 303, 30th St. N., Moorhead on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Houseplant propagation using vegetative cuttingHouseplants can be propagated by vegetative cutting, layering, division, and micropropagation, to name a few.
- Tips for successful houseplant propagationPropagating houseplants is an activity the whole family can enjoy. Success depends on using the right potting medium, a clean container, and providing an adequate growing environment.
- Still time to protect trees and shrubs from rodent damageThere is still time to protect your valuable trees and shrubs from the teeth of rabbits, mice, and voles. These rodents cause damage by feeding on twigs and bark, voles will also eat roots.
- Earth-Kind® Environmental Landscape Management SystemThe Earth-Kind® Environmental Landscape Management System was developed by scientists at Texas A&M University in the early 1990's. Its mission is to provide citizens with cutting-edge, research-based information regarding environmental landscape management.
- Tips for selecting vegetable varieties for northern climatesFebruary 17, 2016 - 6:00pm to 7:30pmFamily Service Center, 715 11th St. N. Moorhead, MN 56560 Meeting room 4.