County Horticulture Educator in Clay County
- Planting strawberries in the home gardenStrawberries are a delicious summertime treat, especially when you pick them from your garden. When given the proper care they are easy to grow and surprisingly productive.
- Spring Lawn RepairLawns are subject to many stressors such as weather extremes, foot traffic, diseases, etc. It is no surprise to find a few areas of lawn that are bare or thin.
- Pruning tips for overgrown or animal damaged shrubsDeciduous shrubs that are overgrown or damaged by animals can be a real eye sore in a landscape planting.
- Successful seed starting at homeAre you looking for practical information about starting seeds at home?
- Time to order garden seedVegetable seed catalogs have occupied a corner of my kitchen counter for a month.
- Crops / Small Grains Update to be held on January 19, 2016You are invited to attend the Crops / Small Grains Update program at the American Legion, 303, 30th St. N., Moorhead on Tuesday, January 19, 2016 from 8:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Still time to protect trees and shrubs from rodent damageThere is still time to protect your valuable trees and shrubs from the teeth of rabbits, mice, and voles. These rodents cause damage by feeding on twigs and bark, voles will also eat roots.
- Earth-Kind® Environmental Landscape Management SystemThe Earth-Kind® Environmental Landscape Management System was developed by scientists at Texas A&M University in the early 1990's. Its mission is to provide citizens with cutting-edge, research-based information regarding environmental landscape management.