4-H in Cottonwood County
- SW Minnesota Career Tours RegistrationCheck out these exciting opportunities to tour and learn about careers in SW Minnesota. Register by June 8th. Transportation is provided. Pipestone county tour is planned for June 15. Martin & Watonwan county tour is scheduled for June 28th.
- SW Regional Livestock Judging ContestContest will include class of beef, swine, sheep and goats.
- SW Regional Consumer Decision Judging ContestWhat is Consumer Decision Judging? Seldom a day goes by that you do not have decisions to make. When you buy groceries, you must constantly choose between brands while considering quality, size, and cost in making a purchase. The 4-H Consumer Decision Judging program provides a venue for youth to learn and practice the life skill of decision making. In 4-H, judging is essentially a matter of comparing four similar items and deciding which is better and why. The goal of the Consumer Decision Judging program is to teach 4-H members how to make wise consumer choices. Class scenarios involve items of personal care, entertainment & leisure, clothing & textiles, consumerism & personal finance or nutrition.
- Message from Dorothy: "Grow True Leaders"Help celebrate the 4-H #TrueLeaders in your lives!
- Announcing the 2016 Minnesota 4-H Livestock Judging Camp!Applications due by June 8
- Three-Day Horse ClinicClinic topics include: fundamentals; games; trail, showmanship & pleasure; and equine chiropractic. There will be additional presentations on bits, grooming, and horse project bowl.
- Safari Adventure Day CampsLet’s go on an ADVENTURE and explore the Safari!
- Livestock Quality Assurance & Ethics Level 2 TrainingIt will be an educational, on-site day of learning from industry professionals. We will be touring Prairie Aquatech, the Cow-Calf unit, the Swine Unit, and the Diagnostic Lab.
- Experience AgronomyGet your hands dirty in Agronomy! Find out how soil types, bugs, beetles and more affect your crops.
- Cottonwood County Clover Update for May 2016The Cottonwood County 4-H Clover Update monthly newsletter contains the latest news and information about 4-H events, deadlines, training, scholarship opportunities, projects and other activities for members, families, and volunteers in your county. Check out the Alumni of the Month, SW MN 4-H Camp, Adventures and Agventures, Aquatic Robotics, thinking about fair, summer programming and much more
4-H in Minnesota
- Minnesota 4-H Livestock Judging Camp Registrations DueJune 8, 2016University of Minnesota St. Paul Campus