4-H in Dakota County
- 4-H 6-8th graders community service project at Feed My Starving Children on Feb. 11Green team community service activity.
- 4-H Cloverbud workshop set for Feb. 4.Cloverbud workshop feature age-appropriate programs focusing on fun, non-competitive, safe activities meant to engage youth and create new friendships.
- 4-H Key Award application due Jan. 30, 2017The Key Award recognizes your contributions to your club and the community, and encourages you to grow as an outstanding citizen
- Citizenship Washington Focus application opens Jan. 20Minnesota 4-H youth are invited to apply to attend the 2017 Citizenship Washington Focus (CWF) experience held in Washington, D.C.
- Dakota County 4-H Resident Camp registration now being accepted!4-H Resident Camp is a fun filled 3 nights, 4 day overnight camping experience for youth in grades 3-8th grade. Campers are broke into 3-5th grade and 6-8th grade groups during the day and participate in shared activities during the evening.
- 4-H Sewing Workshop features tote bag and lap pillowParticipants will make a tote bag and a lap pillow that holds a phone or tablet.
- Dakota County 4-H Beef Weigh In set for Feb. 4All Dakota County 4-H market beef (beef steers, dairy steers, and market heifers) will be tagged with a MN 4-H ear tag and weighed on Saturday, Feb.4 from 9-11 a.m. at Haas Livestock, 28705 Rochester Blvd., Cannon Falls.
- 4-H Winter Lock-In at Dakotah! Sport and Fitness Center; registration due Jan. 16Come enjoy fitness, food and fun at the 2017 4-H Winter Lock-In being held at Dakotah Sports and Fitness Center.
- BLU scheduled for Feb. 4-5, 2017; registration due Jan. 10Registration deadline: Jan. 10. The 4-H Building Leadership and Understanding (BLU) program is an exciting and fun leadership adventure, hosted by the Minnesota 4-H State Ambassadors, that brings together youth from across the state of Minnesota in a leadership workshop. Each retreat uses a youth-teaching-youth model to teach a leadership topic, participate in team-building activities, and meet other youth from their region.
- 4-H Cloverbud Workshop Dates SetCloverbud workshop are fun-filled events led by the Dakota County 4-H Ambassador team for youth in grades K-2. Nov. 19, Dec. 10, Jan. 21, Feb. 4, March 18, April 29
4-H in Minnesota
- 4-H Winter Lock-In at Dakotah! Sports and Fitness Center - Registration due Jan. 16January 27, 2017 to January 28, 2017 - 11:00 pm to 4:00 amDakotah! Sports and Fitness Center, 2100 Trail of Dreams Prior Lake, MN
- 4-H Key Award application deadline - Jan. 30, 2017January 30, 2017Dakota County Extension and Conservation Center