County Horticulture Educator in Douglas County
- Healthy Soil = Healthy PlantsNow is a great time to have your soil tested!
- How to Read a Pesticide LabelBefore we get carried on the tide of pesticides used in our lawn and garden, let's go back to the basics.
- Cultural Tips to Prevent Scabby PotatoesGrocery stores have set up their seed potato displays, and many gardeners are getting ready to plant.
- Blooming Plants to Brighten the Winter BlahsIf you are looking for some indoor color, why not try one of these?
- Plant a Moonlight GardenFind out which plants bloom exclusively at night and produce a beautiful garden anytime of the day but especially at night.
- Easter LiliesIt is again the season of marshmallow chicks, jelly beans and Easter lilies!
- Meet Your Local EducatorRobin Trott is the consumer horticulture Extension educator.
- 2013 U of MN Top Ten Performing AnnualsEach year, hundreds of cultivars are trialed at the University of Minnesota.
- Seed Starting for BeginnersIf you’ve also selected the seeds to grow in your garden, you might be considering starting some of those plants indoors.