4-H in Fillmore County
- Reminder - No December Federation MeetingJust a reminder that there is no Federation Meeting in December. We will see you again in the new year!
- Project Bowl, Rochester, January 28 Training is Starting!We are looking for team members for the General Livestock Project Bowl team, which is open to all 4-Her’s 3rd grade and up, interested in learning more about sheep, swine, beef and meat goats in a competitive atmosphere. Training will include, but is not limited to, diseases, general care, meat cuts and current issues. Practices will start on January 8, 15, and 22 from 3-5 pm at the Extension Office. Further practices will be announced at a later date. If you would like to sign up, please contact the Extension Office, if you would like more information, please contact Rodney Coe at email@example.com or 507-273-1614 or Kari Goldsmith at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-867-3905. There are also regional project bowl competitions that teams are training for. For dates and more information on these, go to http://www.extension.umn.edu/youth/mn4-H/events/project-bowl/.
- Reminder - New Fillmore County 4-H Communication PlanWe will now have a biweekly update that is scheduled to be available through email, Facebook and the web page on the second and forth Wednesday’s of the month, and is in addition to the monthly newsletter. Please read this for nearly all Federation level information as we are trying to streamline communication so that there are fewer individual and information is easier to find in a central location. There is also a calendar available on the website that lists upcoming activities and meetings.
- Apply to be a 2017 Regional 4-H Camp CounselorIf you are in 9th grade or above and would like to have an opportunity to utilize your leadership skills next summer, make friends, and work with youth...then we need you as a regional camp counselor!
- Attend Winter RoundupExciting three day, two night conference focused on developing youth and adult leadership in the 4-H Horse Project. The conference is packed with speakers and educational workshops.
- Association of Minnesota Counties award applicationsNote earlier dates!
- Updated volunteer orientationAvailable online
- Register for 4-H BLU!Registration now open
- Volunteers selected for 2017 Salute to Excellence honorsHonorees will advance to the north central region judging
- GATEway Grade 3-6 Science Fair - February 25, 2017Students in grades 3-6, this is your chance to be a student scientist! The GATEway Science Fair will be held Saturday, February 25, 2017 from 12:30 to 4:30 PM at the Gonda Building of the Mayo Clinic. Start thinking about projects now! **This is an avenue to expand your STEM skills and get a running start on a 4-H STEM Project before your 2017 county fair.
4-H in Minnesota
- 4-H Citizenship Washington Focus Presidential InaugurationJanuary 17, 2017 to January 21, 2017
- Association of Minnesota Counties award application dueJanuary 18, 2017