4-H in Kandiyohi County
- Outstanding Youth Leaders Award4-H members in grades 7+ are encouraged to fill out an application in order to receive the following awards: Outstanding Longtime 4-Her, Outstanding Youth Leader, and Cooperator Award.
- Apply for the Key Award4-H is proud of its youth leaders! The Key Award recognizes your contributions to your club and the community, and encourages you to grow as an outstanding citizen. For young women, the award is a gold key is mounted on an attractive necklace. For young men, the gold key is on a tie tack. The key and a certificate are presented at a countywide event.
- Kandiyohi County Ambassador Leader NeededWe are looking for new adult leaders for our Kandiyohi County Ambassador group. These leaders would help lead the group and plan activities. The Ambassadors meet once per month.
- CWF: Presidential Inauguration Focus (PIF)Citizenship Washington Focus: Presidential Inauguration Focus (PIF) is a 6-day trip to the National 4-H Youth Conference Center in Washington D.C.
- Have you written your Thank You's?If you received an award or trophy at the county fair --- remember to send a thank you to the sponsor! Thank you's should have come with your plaque – send a thank you note to the sponsor ASAP if you haven’t done so already.
- Now's the time to start your Project RecordsWhile records are not due to the Extension office until September Leadership Meeting, now is a great time to start working on your records!
- Kandiyohi County August Clover Update newsletter is now availableThe Kandiyohi County 4-H Clover Update newsletter contains the latest news and information about 4-H events, deadlines, trainings, projects and other activities for members, families and volunteers in your county.
- Message from Dorothy: 4-H at the Minnesota State FairAssociate dean and state 4-H director Dorothy Freeman highlights 4-H activities at the upcoming Minnesota State Fair.
- Announcing SS&W leader certification trainingsAttend a training near you!
- Announcing club chartering resources and deadlines!Charters are due Nov. 1!
4-H in Minnesota
- 4-H Citizenship Washington Focus Presidential InaugurationJanuary 17, 2017 to January 21, 2017