4-H in Kandiyohi County
- Watch the 4-H Lama Costume Competition live onlineThis is a fun show where 4-H'ers and their animals dress as cartoon characters, other animals -- the sky's the limit! Watch it live on our website at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 27.
- Kandiyohi September 4-H Clover Update newsletter now availableThe Chippewa County 4-H Clover Update newsletter contains the latest news and information about 4-H events, deadlines, trainings, projects and other activities for members, families and volunteers in your county.
- 2014-15 Shooting Sports & Wildlife Leader's CertificationThe Minnesota 4-H Shooting Sports & Wildlife Program Development Committee invites you to attend a 4-H Shooting Sports & Wildlife Leader Certification! This training is designed for adults and youth who lead or would like to lead training in shooting sports or wildlife.
- MN 4-H State Shooting Sports & Wildlife InvitationalThe MN 4-H State Shooting Sports & Wildlife Invitational will be held September 5-7 in Alexandria, MN. Registration is due to your county Extension Office on Monday, July 21.
- Minnesota 4-H Poultry Prince & Princess ContestThis contest is a scholarship program of Minnesota 4-H and Gold'n Plump.
- State Fair Forage/Bedding Changes for 20144-H has been working with the Minnesota State Fair to develop a new process for forage and bedding provided to 4-H families exhibiting at the state fair. It will affect all 4-H beef, dairy, all goat, sheep, swine and lama exhibitors.
- Minnesota 4-H State Arts-InMinnesota 4-H State Arts-In is an 8-day intensive arts experience. Youth prepare a musical play to perform during the Minnesota State Fair and gain experiences in performing arts, including singing, dancing, acting, instrumental accompaniment, costume design, set construction and technical work.
- 2014 Minnesota 4-H "Chef for a Day Cook-Off!"Join in and become a chef at the Great Minnesota Get Together. This event is held during all State Fair encampments and is open to all 4-H State Fair exhibitors. Each county will provide a team of 3-5 exhibitors for a 2 hour program, during Livestock Encampment & every General Encampment.
- Livestock Quality Assurance & Ethics (LQA&E) RequirementAll youth participating as a State Fair 4-H livestock exhibitor in beef, dairy, sheep, swine, poultry, rabbits, meat and dairy goat and lama must have completed a Livestock Quality Assurance and Ethics workshop.
- Horse giveaway essay contestDo you want the opportunity to win a horse? Now is the time! The Paint Horse Give Away Essay contest and the Arabian Horse Give Away Essay contest await your entry.
4-H in Minnesota
- MN 4-H State Shooting Sports & Wildlife InvitationalSeptember 5, 2014 to September 7, 2014Alexandria, MN