County Agriculture Educator in Mcleod County
- Crops and Summer Heat UpdateDo you ever wonder how often and how much should you be watering your plants?
- Invasion of the Forest Tent CaterpillarsNews Release by Beth Berlin
- Join Us to Find Out the Impact of Your Tillage System!Are you interested in systems like strip tillage, but are unsure if reduced tillage actually has much of an impact on soil and its erosion potential? Do you currently practice reduced tillage and would like to see what is going on at and below the surface of your soil? Do you advise farmers and would like to see for yourself what impact long-term tillage systems can have on soil health indicators?
- When is it too Windy to Spray?With corn and soybean post-emergence crop protection application season here, learn more on how to prevent herbicide drift!
- Proper Timing of Weed Control in Soybeans and Corn is Essential for Maximum YieldsIn order to control weeds that are competitive with a row crop such as soybeans or corn it is important to understand the principles of herbicides which have been applied after planting with a pre-emergence method. Continue reading for more information.
- Meeker County Master Gardener's GARDEN TOUR!!Join us on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 for a tour of area gardens. This years there will be 6 gardens featured and located in the Litchfield area PLUS Anderson Gardens!
- Growing RhubarbNews Release by Beth Berlin
- Agriculture and Horticulture Resources from University of Minnesota ExtensionThe University of Minnesota Extension has a broad range of informational resources available to the public. Many of these resources are readily available to the public 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- Spring Tree Care for Your Yard and Your NeighborhoodShelby lynn Gamache has shared some important tree care tips.
- Windbreak and Crop Yield Study"This world study found that, within the protected zone of the windbreak, spring wheat yields increased an average of 8%, corn by 12%, soybeans by 13%, and winter wheat by 23%." Click here to read more!
- What Impact is My Tillage System Having on Soil Health? Field DayJuly 1, 2015 - 8:00am to 2:30pmSouthwest Research and Outreach Center (SWROC), 23669 130th St., Lamberton
- Meeker County Extension Master Gardener Garden TourJuly 14, 2015 - 5:00pm to 8:00pmLitchfield, MN