- What is a fair farmland rental agreement? Join us to find out the answer to that question and many more!
- Sibley and McLeod County Extension along with the Dairy Profitability Enhancement Program have announced the upcoming Dairy Producer Series.
- Come and join us for education on bees! It's FREE!
- Article by Emily Wilmes
- News Release by Emily Wilmes
- Click here for more information.
- Many business management experts agree having a strong liquidity position is very important in times of tight profit margins or to survive (hopefully short) periods of negative profit margins. What is financial liquidity? Read on for that answer and more.
Minnesota Crop Progress Report and Guidelines for Harvesting, Drying and Storing Late-Maturing and High-Moisture CornThe Minnesota Crop Progress Report from the National Agricultural Statistics Service reports as of October 10, 2014 that corn harvest continued to be delayed due to high moisture levels.
- Be sure that you and your family practice farm safety to ensure everyone’s safety!
- Shelby lynn will be working with us in the McLeod County Extension Office through August of 2015.
- Fall, to many, is a beautiful time of year as the number of mosquitos and gnats decrease, however homeowners find unwanted bugs in or around their home.
- Ag Lease 101 helps both land owners and land operators learn about alternative lease arrangements and includes sample written lease agreements for several alternatives.
- Wild parsnips (Pastinaca sativa) is a weed to watch and control in Meeker and McLeod Counties. Plants are primarily found along the edges of fields, ditches, and areas that are not in crop production. There can be concerns if hay is made with these plants due to their toxicity when ingested.
- Farmers often hire or offer custom machine work to help with tilling, baling, spreading manure, etc. This document, prepared by William Edwards from Iowa State Extension, outlines survey results of average custom rates from 2014.
- For farmers that are in need of help there are resources available. These resources are mostly organizations with professionals that assist farmers when the need arises. Often some of the organizations also can be helpful to help strengthen the financial position of the farm family through the situation.
- Nathan Winter is an Extension educator in agriculture production systems.
- View results from the McLeod County corn and soybean test plots.
- Windbreaks can provide a number of benefits including wind protection, control of drifting snow, energy savings, odor abatement, wildlife habitat establishment and more.
- What is your farm machinery costing you? View estimates of farm machinery operation costs calculated via an economic engineering approach.