- Starting in December, University of Minnesota Extension and the Farm Service Agency will begin a series of 73 free education seminars to help crop producers understand decisions necessitated by the 2014 Farm Bill.
- Farmers and agricultural professionals are invited to attend the ninth annual Crop Management Input Seminar on Friday, December 12th, 2014 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- What is a fair farmland rental agreement? Join us to find out the answer to that question and many more!
- Sibley and McLeod County Extension along with the Dairy Profitability Enhancement Program have announced the upcoming Dairy Producer Series.
- Article by Emily Wilmes
- News Release by Emily Wilmes
- Many business management experts agree having a strong liquidity position is very important in times of tight profit margins or to survive (hopefully short) periods of negative profit margins. What is financial liquidity? Read on for that answer and more.
Minnesota Crop Progress Report and Guidelines for Harvesting, Drying and Storing Late-Maturing and High-Moisture CornThe Minnesota Crop Progress Report from the National Agricultural Statistics Service reports as of October 10, 2014 that corn harvest continued to be delayed due to high moisture levels.
- Be sure that you and your family practice farm safety to ensure everyone’s safety!
- Fall, to many, is a beautiful time of year as the number of mosquitos and gnats decrease, however homeowners find unwanted bugs in or around their home.
- Wild parsnips (Pastinaca sativa) is a weed to watch and control in Meeker and McLeod Counties. Plants are primarily found along the edges of fields, ditches, and areas that are not in crop production. There can be concerns if hay is made with these plants due to their toxicity when ingested.