- Soil test analysis data collected from a field or garden can be no better than the sample. Therefore, proper collection of the soil sample is extremely important. Keep reading for great tips about how to get just such a sample.
- Do you enjoy learning about the natural world? If so, consider becoming a Minnesota Master Naturalist volunteer! Continue reading for more information.
- News Release by Beth Berlin
- Farmers and landowners have until the end of March 31 to make their choices under the 2014 Farm Bill. These choices need thoughtful consideration because they will last for five years (through the 2018 crop) and because there are no obvious answers and no magical lines in prices that determine which choice is the best for one farm versus another.
- There is still some time to prune trees. Continue reading for more information.
- Click here for more information about this year's plots.
- Sibley and McLeod County Extension along with the Dairy Profitability Enhancement Program have announced the upcoming Dairy Producer Series.
- Many business management experts agree having a strong liquidity position is very important in times of tight profit margins or to survive (hopefully short) periods of negative profit margins. What is financial liquidity? Read on for that answer and more.
- Wild parsnips (Pastinaca sativa) is a weed to watch and control in Meeker and McLeod Counties. Plants are primarily found along the edges of fields, ditches, and areas that are not in crop production. There can be concerns if hay is made with these plants due to their toxicity when ingested.