4-H in Murray County
- Murray County 4-H Interstate Exchange selling cheese and butterSupport the Murray County 4-H Interstate Exchange with Appomattow, Virginia by purchasing cheese and/or butter.
- Online enrollment for 4-H familiesEnrollment opened Sep. 16!
- Minnesota State 4-H Dog Show results for Murray County participantsFour Murray County 4-H members attended the State 4-H Dog Show in September.
- Murray County results at Minnesota 4-H State Horse ShowMurray County 4-H'ers received many ribbons and awards at the state horse show.
- Murray County Fair Fun FactsMurray County Fair Fun Facts
- Thanks for donations!Shout out to Bondin Belfast, Cameron, Chandler Hilltoppers, Currie Poco-a-Poco, Prairie Hustlers and Lakers for donating $25 each to the purchase of the Food Stand toaster. Special thanks for the Samuelson family for also donating $25 and applause to the Badger Lake for picking up the rest, with a $237.49 donation! Thank you, thank you, thank you to Judy Bloemendaal and the local Girl Scouts for donating some silverware to the Food Stand! We are in especially need of more forks but will take more silverware donations anytime!
- Halloween costumes, music and FUNMurray County 4-H Ambassadors are hosting the 12th annual Boo Bash on Friday, October 28, 8 to 11 p.m., at the 4-H Building in Slayton. Fifth through ninth graders are invited to this dance that includes several contests. Best male and best female costume awards will be given as well. Concessions will be available. Cost is just $5. For those attending both the Boo Bash and the Haunted House on October 28, just $8 will get you into both the dance & the Haunted House! Murray County 4-H Ambassadors will host the Boo Bash.
- Get scared for a good causeThe Murray County 4-H Exchange Families are setting up a Haunted House on the fairgrounds as a fundraiser for the Exchange program. Come check it out on Friday and Saturday night, October 28 or 29 and Halloween on the 31st. Friday hours are 6-11 pm, Saturday 6-10 pm and Halloween, 6-9 pm. Cost is only $5.00 per person, groups of 10 or more pay $4 per person, and on October 28 for those attending the Boo Bash & the Haunted House for just $8. per person. Concessions will be available on October 28 ONLY, at the annual Boo Bash dance in the 4-H Building exhibit hall from 8:00 to 11:00 pm. Soda, water, chips and candy will be sold in the dining room.
- Recognize your Club Secretary & Historian for their contributionsDid your club secretary or historian do an outstanding job this past year? Were you the club secretary or historian that kept complete minutes and tracked club events throughout this past year? Club secretaries and historians work extremely hard to preserve club membership, record decisions and track history. A special award is presented to those club secretaries or historians that go the extra mile at the annual 4-H awards celebration in November. Secretary books and historian books should be submitted to the Extension Office by October 15 for award consideration.
- Three for oneJust three hours, once a month and you can feel good about volunteering! The Escape Youth Center in Slayton is looking for adult volunteers to cover three-hour shifts, once a month, or even less often. The Escape is completely volunteer run and sustains itself through fundraisers and donations. The doors are open to youth fifth grade and older on Saturday nights from 6:30 to 9:30. A pool table, foosball, ping pong, Wii, Xbox and other video games, and lots of table games, puzzles, and computers with internet access are available for the kids. It’s a fun & safe place for kids to hang out with friends, but adult volunteers are needed. Contact the Extension Office if you’d like more info or can volunteer.
4-H in Minnesota
- 4-H Citizenship Washington Focus Presidential InaugurationJanuary 17, 2017 to January 21, 2017