- The University of Minnesota Winter Crops Day and Small Grains Program is a great opportunity to hear the latest University-based research and information about corn, soybean, and small grain production issues.
- Melissa began her new position on December 15
- Mike Boersma is the agriculture production systems Extension educator.
- The Center for Farm Financial Management has a very valuable tool available to assist producers in comparing their operation against those of their peers.
- The University of Minnesota Extension Beef Team developed the U of M Feedlot Ration Balancer to help beef producers and feedlot managers more closely examine the nutrient requirements of their growing cattle.
- One of the final tasks of the gardening season involves mulching perennial plants.
- According to the November 4th USDA Crop and Weather Report, 73% of Minnesota’s corn had been harvested by November 3rd.
- For beef cow/calf producers, minimizing the use of harvested feeds is a great way to reduce input costs.
- Livestock manure is a great source of plant nutrients and definitely has value as a fertilizer.