County Agriculture Educator in Nicollet County
- Avian Influenza (HPAI)There have been many reports of avian influenza throughout Minnesota. The following information will help you understand avian influenza.
- Get A Start on Waste Reduction, Gardening and Water ConservationThe Recycling Association of Minnesota is partnering with cities and counties to offer residents an opportunity to get an affordable rain barrel or compost bin.
- Ag. Marketing Group StartingThis marketing group for commodity grain and livestock producers will be starting monthly meetings on Tuesdays beginning February 10. Time is 10:00-11:30 a.m. The next session will be May 12 at the Nicollet County Government Center, EOC Room Lower Level. For further details and to register please contact either the Nicollet or Blue Earth County Extension Office or the Nicollet County Bank in St. Peter.
- 2014 Nicollet County Land Rent Survey ResultsMore than 100 landowners responded to a survey to share 2014 cash rent, 2015 cash rent and percentage of parcel with adequate drainage. To see the results, click on the headline above.
- Managing Farm Finances in Challenging Times- Strengthen Your Cash PositionMany business management experts agree having a strong liquidity position is very important in times of tight profit margins or to survive (hopefully short) periods of negative profit margins. What is financial liquidity? Read on for that answer and more.
- Ag. Lease 101.org Website Available For Lease Agreement InformationAg. Lease 101 helps both land owners and land operators learn about alternative lease agreements and includes some sample lease agreements. See related links below.
- Prevented Planting: Crop Insurance Options and Insurance Indemnity Payment Tax Considerations PublicationSome helpful information on prevented planting and crop insurance.
- 2013 Nicollet County Land Rent Survey ResultsMore than 100 land owners responded to the survey to share 2013 cash rent, 2014 cash rent, and percent of parcel with adequate drainage.