County Agriculture Educator in Nicollet County
- How do farmers market their crops in a low price year?
- Bastians Named 2015 Nicollet County Farm Family of the YearThe Mike and Anna Bastian Family of the Klossner area are the recipients of this year's award, Click to read more about the Bastians.
- Celebrating 100 Years of Nicollet County AgricultureA county picnic is planned for Sunday, July 26th at the Old Picnic Grounds on County Road 5 (Fort Road).
- Avian Influenza (HPAI)There have been many reports of avian influenza throughout Minnesota. The following information will help you understand avian influenza.
- Get A Start on Waste Reduction, Gardening and Water ConservationThe Recycling Association of Minnesota is partnering with cities and counties to offer residents an opportunity to get an affordable rain barrel or compost bin.
- Ag. Marketing Group StartingThis marketing group for commodity grain and livestock producers will be starting monthly meetings on Tuesdays beginning February 10. Time is 10:00-11:30 a.m. The next session will be May 12 at the Nicollet County Government Center, EOC Room Lower Level. For further details and to register please contact either the Nicollet or Blue Earth County Extension Office or the Nicollet County Bank in St. Peter.
- 2014 Nicollet County Land Rent Survey ResultsMore than 100 landowners responded to a survey to share 2014 cash rent, 2015 cash rent and percentage of parcel with adequate drainage. To see the results, click on the headline above.
- Managing Farm Finances in Challenging Times- Strengthen Your Cash PositionMany business management experts agree having a strong liquidity position is very important in times of tight profit margins or to survive (hopefully short) periods of negative profit margins. What is financial liquidity? Read on for that answer and more.
- Ag. Lease 101.org Website Available For Lease Agreement InformationAg. Lease 101 helps both land owners and land operators learn about alternative lease agreements and includes some sample lease agreements. See related links below.
- Prevented Planting: Crop Insurance Options and Insurance Indemnity Payment Tax Considerations PublicationSome helpful information on prevented planting and crop insurance.
- Celebrating 100 Years of Nicollet County Agriculture PicnicJuly 26, 2015Old Picnic Grounds on County Road 5 (Fort Road)