County Agriculture Educator in Nicollet County
- New Farm Bill Education Meeting is on December 18 for Nicollet CountyFarm Producers and Land Owners should plan to attend a Farm Bill program meeting scheduled for December 18, from 9-11:30 a.m. at the St. Peter Community Center. The address for the Community Center is 600 S. 5th St., St. Peter. Another meeting is scheduled for January 6 at the South Central College in N. Mankato from 1:30-4 p.m.
- What is a Fair Farmland Rental Agreement? Meetings On Nov. 5 in Nicollet CountyLocation of meetings on November 5 include 2 p.m. at the Community Center, St. Peter and South Central College Auditorium, N. Mankato at 9:30 a.m. There is no cost.
- 2014 Farm Bill Margin Protection Program - Dairy Workshop BrochureRegistration is required for these workshops on the topic of Margin Protection program for Dairy. See brochure for details and registration form.
- FSA & University of Minnesota Extension Dairy Farm Bill Training SessionsPersons interested in the dairy program part of the new Farm Bill should plan to attend one of these informational workshops which are being held throughout the state.
- Fall and Winter Liquid Petroleum (LP) UsageDon't get caught in a short supply and high demand for LP - book your supply now.
- Ag. Lease 101.org Website Available For Lease Agreement InformationAg. Lease 101 helps both land owners and land operators learn about alternative lease agreements and includes some sample lease agreements. See related links below.
- New Farm Programs from the 2014 Farm BillThere will be a series of educational offerings, meetings, etc. on the topic of the new farm bill this fall and what options are available for producers and landowners.
- Prevented Planting: Crop Insurance Options and Insurance Indemnity Payment Tax Considerations PublicationSome helpful information on prevented planting and crop insurance.
- 2013 Nicollet County Land Rent Survey ResultsMore than 100 land owners responded to the survey to share 2013 cash rent, 2014 cash rent, and percent of parcel with adequate drainage.