County Agriculture Educator in Nicollet County
- Taking a Good Soil SampleSoil test analysis data collected from a field or garden can be no better than the sample. Therefore, proper collection of the soil sample is extremely important. Keep reading for great tips about how to get just such a sample.
- Financial Planning Resources Available to MN Poultry ProducersAs Minnesota responds to the devastating Highly Pathogenic Avian Flu outbreak, poultry producers have resources available.
- Bastians Named 2015 Nicollet County Farm Family of the YearThe Mike and Anna Bastian Family of the Klossner area are the recipients of this year's award, Click to read more about the Bastians.
- Ag. Marketing Group StartedThis marketing group for commodity grain and livestock producers started monthly meetings on Tuesdays beginning February 10. Time is 10:00-11:30 a.m. The next session will be July 14 at the Nicollet County Government Center, EOC Room Lower Level. For further details and to register please contact either the Nicollet or Blue Earth County Extension Office or the Nicollet County Bank in St. Peter.
- 2014 Nicollet County Land Rent Survey ResultsMore than 100 landowners responded to a survey to share 2014 cash rent, 2015 cash rent and percentage of parcel with adequate drainage. To see the results, click on the headline above.
- Managing Farm Finances in Challenging Times- Strengthen Your Cash PositionMany business management experts agree having a strong liquidity position is very important in times of tight profit margins or to survive (hopefully short) periods of negative profit margins. What is financial liquidity? Read on for that answer and more.
- Ag. Lease 101.org Website Available For Lease Agreement InformationAg. Lease 101 helps both land owners and land operators learn about alternative lease agreements and includes some sample lease agreements. See related links below.
- Prevented Planting: Crop Insurance Options and Insurance Indemnity Payment Tax Considerations PublicationSome helpful information on prevented planting and crop insurance.
- 2013 Nicollet County Land Rent Survey ResultsMore than 100 land owners responded to the survey to share 2013 cash rent, 2014 cash rent, and percent of parcel with adequate drainage.
- Crop Production Field Day on Sept. 15 near Clarks GroveSeptember 15, 2015 - 9:30amKeith and Jay Kuiters' Farm 1/4 mile south of Clarks Grove on Hwy 45