County Agriculture Educator in Nicollet County
- 2015 Winter Crop DaysWinter Crop Days will be held at the Arlington Community Center on Thursday, January 15th from 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m. Another location on January 15th is the American Legion Post in Lake Crystal starting with 8:30 a.m. registration.
- 2014 Nicollet County Land Rent Survey ResultsMore than 100 landowners responded to a survey to share 2014 cash rent, 2015 cash rent and percentage of parcel with adequate drainage. To see the results, click on the headline above.
- Managing Farm Finances in Challenging Times- Strengthen Your Cash PositionMany business management experts agree having a strong liquidity position is very important in times of tight profit margins or to survive (hopefully short) periods of negative profit margins. What is financial liquidity? Read on for that answer and more.
- New Farm Bill Education MeetingsFarm Producers and Land Owners should plan to attend one of several meetings/workshops in the area on this topic. A meeting is scheduled for January 6 at the South Central College in N. Mankato from 1:30-4 p.m. For a complete list of scheduled Farm Bill Meetings look in the Ag. downloads section on this site.
- Fall and Winter Liquid Petroleum (LP) UsageDon't get caught in a short supply and high demand for LP - book your supply now.
- Ag. Lease 101.org Website Available For Lease Agreement InformationAg. Lease 101 helps both land owners and land operators learn about alternative lease agreements and includes some sample lease agreements. See related links below.
- New Farm Programs from the 2014 Farm BillThere will be a series of educational offerings, meetings, etc. on the topic of the new farm bill this fall and what options are available for producers and landowners.
- Prevented Planting: Crop Insurance Options and Insurance Indemnity Payment Tax Considerations PublicationSome helpful information on prevented planting and crop insurance.
- 2013 Nicollet County Land Rent Survey ResultsMore than 100 land owners responded to the survey to share 2013 cash rent, 2014 cash rent, and percent of parcel with adequate drainage.