4-H in Nobles County
- Online enrollment for 4-H familiesEnrollment opened Sep. 16!
- Advisory Board Meeting - Oct 17On Monday, October 17th, at 6:00 PM we will have our Advisory Board Meeting at the Regional Extension Office. All Advisory Board members and Federation Officers should make plans to attend. We also ask that members of the Advisory Board plan to stay and attend this meeting to provide guidance to the Federation and share ideas for the year ahead.
- Federation Meeting - Oct 17The Federation Meeting will be on Monday, October 17th, at 7:00 PM. Please make sure that at least two adults and two youth from each club attend this meeting so that we can meet quorum! We will have much to discuss and plan for the year ahead, and the main topic for the evening will be the budget for the 2016-2017. Please note location - University of Minnesota Extension Regional Office, 1527 Prairie Drive, Worthington
- Federation Officer NeededAt the October Federation Meeting we will elect a new Secretary and Youth Leader-at-Large for the 2016-2017 4-H year. If you or someone in your club is interested in this position please let Katie know, especially if you are interested in the office but unable to attend the October Federation Meeting.
- Re-Enrollment IncentiveIt’s hard to believe it but it’s already that time of year again! At the September Federation meeting a motion was passed that stated all members who have reenrolled by November 15th, 2016 are invited to an Ice Skating & Pizza Party which will be held in January! Make sure youth AND adult volunteers re-enroll!
- Did You Know?During the winter we rent out storage spaces in McCarvel Hall, and Benton Hall to store campers, boats, cars, and jet skis? All this storage rent money goes to Nobles County 4-H. This easy fundraiser happens on Wednesday, October 12th from 3:00 – 5:30 PM. We need a volunteer to help guide and direct campers into the buildings. Please call Linda if you are able to help!
- Happy National 4-H WeekNational 4-H Week is October 2nd -8th , 2016. How are you and your club celebrating?
- Remember the CLUB INCENTIVE!!To help motivate our clubs to get active and do something creative for National 4-H Week the Federation opted to offer an incentive to the 4-H club that does the most creative activity as a group during National 4-H Week. Each 4-H club that wants to participate in this incentive must take pictures of the creative display/activity/project that their club did to promote 4-H during National 4-H Week, write up a short description of what they did and the impact it had on non 4-H members, and submit the pictures and the write-up to the Extension Office before the next Federation Meeting on Monday, October 17th at 7:00 PM.
- See A Sea of 4-H T-shirts!Encourage everyone in your club to take part in the REGIONAL National 4-H Week Promotional Activity: National 4-H Week is October 2nd-8th, 2016. This is a great time to promote 4-H and here is a simple way to do it without spending money or taking extra time! WEAR a 4-H shirt to school on WEDNESDAY, October 5th! Take it a step further and snap a picture (individuals or groups) and then post on your favorite social media site. One act of simply wearing 4-H shirts multiplies into an ad campaign that goes viral! Celebrate 4-H!
- Attention Cloverbuds!The first Cloverbud meeting for the new 4-H year will be on Tuesday, October 11th at 6:00 PM, at the Worthington Regional Extension Office. All Kindergarten – SECOND graders and their families are encouraged to attend, and bring a friend! Please RSVP to Linda at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 7th.
4-H in Minnesota
- 4-H Citizenship Washington Focus Presidential InaugurationJanuary 17, 2017 to January 21, 2017