Pine County Horticulture Day
Saturday, March 22, 2014 8am - 2pm
Pine City High School
Tickets $20 Advance Registration
$25 after March 12 or day of event
Keynote: “The Teeming Life Beneath Our Feet – How Healthy, Living Plants Rely On Healthy, Living Soil” by Gary Johnson, University of Minnesota Extension Professor of Urban and Community Forestry
- Square Foot Gardening by Mike Stuart, Chisago County Master Gardener and Certified Square Foot Gardening Instructor.
- 2013 All American Selections and Top Performing Annual Flowers by Steve Poppe, Horticulture Scientist, University of Minnesota, West Central Research and Outreach Center, Morris, MN.
- Growing Root Vegetables by Charlie Kersey, LaFinca Community Supported Agriculture Farmer, Bruno, MN.
- A Tree Owner’s Manual for Basic Maintenance and Repairs by Eric North, University of Minnesota Research Fellow in Urban and Community Forestry.
- Door prizes, including Grand Prize Drawing for advance registrants (by March 12th)
- Exhibitors, featuring gardening items, bulbs and plants
- "Ask a Master Gardener" booth
- Refreshments and lunch included
For registration information call Pine County Extension Office 1-800-657-3813 #4
- 12th Annual Horticulture Day (1.04 MB PDF)