4-H in Redwood County
- Online enrollment for 4-H familiesEnrollment opened Sep. 16!
- Record Book InfoCan you believe it is that time of year again! Records are such an important process when completing your 4-H year! Take time to reflect on your project, and determine what you liked and how you would change it. What could you do to improve it? What did you learn from doing this project? How much did it cost?
- State Horse ShowsCongrats to all the youth that participated in the State Horse Show the weekend of September 16-19, 2016. Redwood County Horse Project Members had an excellent showing with the majority of the 4-H’ers placing above 10th place. Link to State Horse Show Results: https://fairentry.com/Fair/Results/795?hierarchyEntityToken=&sortColumn=&fourHCountyId=65&exhibitorFirstOrLastName= Pictured: Dina Vosberg and Michael Tauer
- State Shooters Excel34 Redwood County 4-H members earned a spot at the 2016 MN 4-H State Shooting Sports & Wildlife Invitational. 851 youth attended the State Shoot this year. Redwood County had many shooters earn placings above 20th place and several shooters earning the top 10. Amazing skills were seen! Link to results page: http://www.extension.umn.edu/youth/mn4-H/events/shooting-sports-invitational/ Jared Zollner Receiving Overall 3rd Place Black Powder Noah U’Ren Intermediate BB Gun State Champion
- Congrats to 4-Her’s at State Fair!! General EncampmentRedwood County was well represented this year during our General/Static Encampment. We had 32 youth attend the General Encampment this year. Kudo’s for each of you on an excellent showing at State Fair. (for livestock weekend look at the September Newsletter) Congratulations Kaitlyn Steffl 2016Purple Award Winner Link to Minnesota 4-H State Fair Results Page: http://www.extension.umn.edu/youth/mn4-H/state-fair/fair-results/current-results/
- Congratulations to Regan Jacoby!This was my first trial outside of 4H, it was with the UnitedStatesDogAgilityAssociaction. We participated in jumpers and qualified with a perfect time and score. We also received the first place ribbon in our class. It was a good experience and nice to try something new.
- Fun Shoot Sunday, October 9 at 3:00 p.m. Redwood Falls Sportsman’s ClubThe Redwood/Renville 4-H Shooting Sports Club will be conducting this “Fun Shoot”. Members will be demonstrating their skills in Running Target, Candy and Peep shoots, Spinner targets, Clay Target games etc. Prospective new members and the general public are invited. You must be enrolled/re-enrolled in 4-H and have paid your dues to participate in the shoot.
- National 4-H Week Is Here!Challenge yourself and your club or a group of friends to celebrate 4-H that week or anytime throughout the month of October. It may be something as simple as wearing a 4-H shirt or inviting a friend to your 4-H club meeting. Or something more fun like making locker tags for all the 4-H members in your school, a float in the homecoming parade, or a thank you to your community sponsors. Letters to the editor or a 4-H promotional ad in the newspaper reminds the community that you are here and 4-H is a great opportunity for youth to learn leadership, teamwork, and more about any of the over 100 projects. If you have an idea and need any help, please let Karen know.
- Ambassador Rally Monday, October 3rd 6 pm Wabasso Public SchoolThe 4-H Ambassadors will be meeting at 6:00 pm. Pizza and refreshments served. Wear your 4-H shirt. Also, Registration for the Ambassador Mystery Trip is now open. Redwood County Ambassador program has a big impact on many programs in Redwood County. Come, hear more about our program, and be a voice in Redwood County 4-H! Ambassador Application Link: http://www3.extension.umn.edu/county/redwood/4-h/downloads/page/1
- National 4-H WEEK Monday, October 3 7 pm Wabasso Public SchoolRedwood County 4-H is celebrating National 4-H Week, which begins October 3. On Monday, October 3rd, we will be offering pizza and beverages at the Wabasso Public School for all youth and adults wearing a 4-H shirt. The Federation (which includes all youth in grades 7-13 and all screened volunteers) will approve a budget for the new year and elect officers that evening. Federation Officer Candidates must attend the October 3rd meeting in person, have their officer application completed, and be enrolled as an active 4-H member. (Pending status is fine). The Federation Office Application is new this year. This format change is fully intended to provide the applicant with a tool for future use whether as their Ambassador Application, for job applications, college applications, or scholarships. Also, each resume’ is will be unique to each applicant. Our younger applicants will have less on their resume’. This is expected and again will be a tool you can add to as time progresses. Any person needing assistance or who has questions should contact Stacy by calling 637-4025 or email email@example.com. Federation Officer Application Link: http://www3.extension.umn.edu/county/redwood/4-h/downloads/page/1
4-H in Minnesota
- 4-H Citizenship Washington Focus Presidential InaugurationJanuary 17, 2017 to January 21, 2017