County Agriculture Educator in Rice County
- Winter Dairy Series MeetingMonday, March 13, 2017 from 12:00 PM to 2:30 PM, come hungry and ready to learn!
- Organic Crops DayJoin UMN Extension in Rice and Steele Counties in the Organic Crops Day! A full agenda, complete with an all organic meal, will cover everything from weed and pest control to the latest technology. Registration is $15, pre-registration is not required but encouraged.
- Cover Crops MeetingIf you are interested in planting cover crops this year, or just have some questions about them, join the UMN Extension at a Cover Crops Meeting coming up on March 2nd, 2017 from 1 pm to 4 pm at the Steele County Community Center. This event is free to everyone.
- Private Pesticide Applicator TrainingFarmers with a Private Pesticide Applicator Permit that expires on March 1, 2017 need to get their permit renewed this year. There are three ways to renew or get your permit: attend a renewal workshop, take a written exam, or take an online exam.
- 2017 Rice County Master Gardeners Horticulture DayGardening: Not Just A Summer Project... It’s time to “Think Spring”! On Saturday, March 11th, the Rice County Master Gardeners will host their annual Horticulture Day, featuring speakers on orchids, common plant diseases, hydroponic gardening and new ideas in landscaping for 2017. The event will be held at Buntrock Commons on the campus of St. Olaf College in Northfield, with registration beginning at 8:30 a.m.