- University of Minnesota Extension is presenting a nutrient management workshop designed to aid dairy and beef feedlot producers with phosphorus and nitrogen management strategies. Click here for dates and locations!
- The Northern States Beef Conference will be held on January 5-6, 2015 at Jackpot Junction Casino Hotel in Morton, MN. Early registration deadline is December 18th, 2014. Click here for more detail about hotel reservation, registration and conference proceedings.
- The University of Minnesota Extension and the Farm Service Agency will be hosting crop farm bill educational seminars at over 72 locations across the state of Minnesota from early December through January. These seminars are provided for farmers to get a better understanding of the crop commodity program provisions in the 2014 Farm Bill. These are free educational seminars with no registration required.
- The Dairy Profitability Enhancement Program (DPEP) and University of Minnesota Extension are collaborating this winter to bring dairy producers together each month for a mid-day program. Contemporary dairy production issues and current research will frame the topics of the five-part series. The program is free of charge, and a light lunch will be provided.
- Crops and Livestock Ag Facts
- Farmers often hire or offer custom machine work to help with tilling, baling, spreading manure, etc. This document, prepared by William Edwards from Iowa State Extension, outlines survey results of average custom rates from 2014.