County Agriculture Educator in Sibley County
- U-Lead Advisory Academy 2015 - 2016TURNING EXTENSION’S VOLUNTEERS AND PARTNERS INTO LIFELONG LEADERS AND FRIENDS - The seventh cohort of the U-Lead Advisory Academy will begin in August of 2015. Our goal is to recruit 24 emerging and current leaders who reflect the breadth and depth of Extension’s volunteers and partners
- Century Farm Recognition ProgramHas your farm been in your family for at least 100 years? Are you planning to apply for Century Farm status? Applications for the 2015 Century Farm Recognition Program have recently been released.
- Value-Added Grant ApplicationsThe Minnesota Department of Agriculture recently began accepting applications for the Value-Added grant program. This grant is intended for famers or agriculture businesses that are looking to add value to the products they produce, typically by further processing them or by adding a direct marketing component such as selling at farmer’s markets or in a farm-to-school or farm-to-institution fashion
- Private Pesticide CertificationFarmers and private applicators that have their certification expire on March 1, 2015 have received a postcard in the mail from the Minnesota Department of Agriculture. Workshops are being held locally to be recertified. Manuals and test packets can also be picked up at your local Extension office.
- 2015 Farm Family of the Year ProgramThe Sibley County Extension Advisory Committee is now accepting nominations for the 2015 Farm Family of the Year.
- Dairy Producer SeriesJoin your fellow dairy producers for our FREE informal Dairy Producer Series!
- Land Rent SurveySibley County conducts a farm land rent survey each fall. Farm land rent is of critical concern to landowners and operators.