- In an effort to showcase the hard work & time non-livestock project members put into their 4-H county fair exhibits, Waseca Co 4-H will be having a Silent Auction during the Fair. The purpose of the Non-Livestock Exhibit Silent Auction is to enhance the entrepreneurial skill set of youth in planning, creating, and completing a non-livestock exhibit. It is also being done as a way to increase non-livestock exhibit numbers.
- Participants must pre-register on their fair registration form & submit the attached form to the Extension office by June 16th. A picture of their pet & a fun fact needs to be included as well. Open to all Waseca Co 4-H members, including Cloverbuds.
- May 10th in Mankato! Register by May 1st!
- Youth Exploring Leadership & Learning Outloud (YELLO) is an exciting & fun citizenship & leadership conference for Grades 6-13.
- The Waseca County 4-H Clover Update monthly newsletter contains the latest news and information about 4-H events, deadlines, training, scholarship opportunities, projects and other activities for members, families, and volunteers in your county.
Rice County will be hosting an LQA&E Training on Saturday, May 17, 2014 at the Government Services Building in Faribault, MN from 9 am to 12 noon for both Level 1 and 2. Contact the Rice County Extension Office at 332-6109 to register.
- Waseca Co 4-H will be having a Spring Fundraiser consisting of a Garage Sale, Pancake & French Toast Breakfast & Wagon Rides. Pre-sales for the breakfast are $5, at the door is $6. Wagon rides will be $1 and will be given by Pittman's Percherons.
- Do you like to imagine, plan, build, test and modify original designs? If so, this is a day for you! This day will give you a chance to do all this in a series of workshops.
- Summer Adventure for youth in K - 6th grade. Held at the 4-H Bldg on the Waseca Co Fairgrounds. Youth do not need to be current 4-H members to participate. Small $5 donation per camp is appreciated. Youth must have a Short-term member enrollment form completed with their registration prior to participating in the Adventures. MUST pre-register at least 1 week in advance.
- Dog Training Registration Night, Thursday,April 10 at 7 p.m., East Annex Meeting Room - NEW DATE (updated 3-27.14) DO NOT BRING YOUR DOGS TO REGISTRATION NIGHT.
- Waseca Co 4-H Federation is offering scholarships to high school seniors who are currently Waseca Co 4-H members. $1000 will be allotted for scholarships. A maximum of 5 will be awarded. Application materials are due to the Waseca Co Extension Office by May 2, 2014
The Waseca County 4-H Clover Update monthly newsletter contains the latest news and information about 4-H events, deadlines, training, scholarship opportunities, projects and other activities for members, families, and volunteers in your county.