Share your Minnesota 4-H story from the heart
NAE4-HA has a special project underway . . . collecting short stories for a book about the impact 4-H has had on individuals and families. Story submissions are welcome from the entire 4-H family including members, volunteers, staff, donors, family members, alumni, and others.
Ultimately, the goal is to create Volume II of 4-H Stories from the Heart. Proceeds from the sale of this book will go to support the National 4-H Hall of Fame (est. 2002) which annually honors 4-H workers whose efforts have made an outstanding impact on the lives of young people. All 50 states have representation among the honorees inducted into the Hall of Fame.
The book is not just about fundraising. We also want to document the impact 4-H has had on thousands of young people, volunteers, staff and donors. These “stories from the heart” do an excellent job of explaining why 4-H has been and continues to be the best youth development program in the world.
Are you interested in sharing a story?
We’re looking for:
- Stories of 1,000 words or less that are inspiring, funny, “tear jerkers”, and more.
- Heartfelt stories that document 4-H’s positive impact on your life or the life of someone close to you.
- Include information about the setting/situation and approximate time frame.
- Must include your name, address and contact information.
- Stories written in first person are usually best.
- The stories included in the book will be selected by an editorial team.
- Not all submissions will be used.
- Selected stories will be proofed for readability, punctuation, grammar, and spelling.
- Authors of selected stories will be asked to review and provide written permission to an edited version of their story.
For more information or to submit a story:
Contact Laura Garrett at email@example.com or 770-288-8421.