4-H in Watonwan County
- State Fair ExhibitsState fair exhibits need to be picked up by October 8th or they will be discarded.
- State Fair ExhibitorsCongratulations to the 26 youth who attended the Livestock Encampment. Plus 35 youth represented Watonwan with their General Exhibits. The Nifty Thrifty 4-H club sent 10 members to the state fair for their Share the Fun Skit, and 4 youth were members of our Crazy Crushers Rube Goldberg team.
- Banquet NewsEveryone should have received your Banquet invitation. Save the Date—Sunday, October 30th Place—St. James VFW “4-H America’s Choice” for our 81st Annual Banquet Awards Program—4:30 pm Followed by Supper—Spaghetti menu Click for more information!
- Bringing in the new 4-H year!*See A Sea of 4-H T-Shirts National 4-H Week is October 2-8, 2016. A great time to promote 4-H and here is a simple way to do it without spending money or taking extra time! WEAR a 4-H shirt to school on WEDNESDAY, October 5!
- Shooting SportsBe sure to sign up for Shooting Sports when you re-enroll. Post cards will be mailed to those enrolled. 3rd grade—BB’s 4th grade & Older—Pellet & Archery Shot gun—for youth with Gun Safety Certification.
- Fall Leader TrainingMark your calendars, and start recruiting youth leaders and adults to represent your club. Monday, November 28th—6:00pm—plus a short Federation meeting. Each club needs at least 1 adult, plus any youth leaders that would like to attend. Prize for club with most adult and youth leaders attending!
- Tween Club Kick OffYouth Grades 3-7th—invite your friends Sunday, November 6th 5pm Jakes Pizza Bring your calendars to plan Service Learning Projects, discuss project exploration, and fun events.
- Cloverbud Kick OffGrades K-2 November 5th 10am-noon “Exploring New Things” Invite your friends to join Cloverbuds
- Youth Leader Get TogetherGrades 7+ Sunday, October 23rd 5:00 pm Extension Office Scavenger Hunt/Pizza/Games
- State Horse ShowCongratulations to Kaydi Anderson and Alissa Voyles for representing our county at the State Horse Show.
4-H in Minnesota
- 4-H Citizenship Washington Focus Presidential InaugurationJanuary 17, 2017 to January 21, 2017