County Agriculture Educator in Winona County
- Dairy Field Days in Winona CountyThis summer there are multiple opportunities to attend a dairy field day in Winona County on various topics of interest.
- UMN Extension Crop Management Field Day in LewistonFarmers who have questions about nitrogen rate on corn, split application nitrogen management, the new herbicide options and their effectiveness, and cover crops should consider attending UMN Extension - Winona County’s field day on August 4th. Registration starts at 9:00 am, and the program runs from 9:30 am to noon in Lewiston, MN.
- Resources on Avian FluLooking for resources to protect your flock? Want to know more about symptoms? Here are several resources.
- Post Harvest Handling Workshop for Vegetable Producers in St. CharlesCommercial vegetable producers, consider attending this workshop to improve your operation.
- Accepting Nominations for Farm Family of the YearThe Winona County Extension Advisory Committee chooses a local Farm Family of the Year annually. The committee will be accepting nominations through March 1, 2015.
- Meet your local educatorJake Overgaard is the agriculture Extension Educator.
- Cash rent worksheets: for the operator and landownerLandowners: What should rent be on your land? Operators: Calculate what is available for rent per acre.
- Fixed and flexible cash rental arrangements for your farmThis booklet by the North Central Farm Management Extension Committee can help landowners and operators understand advantages and disadvantages of different lease options.
- Cash farm lease templateA written lease helps protect both the landowner and the operator.