- This summer there are multiple opportunities to attend a dairy field day in Winona County on various topics of interest.
- Farmers who have questions about nitrogen rate on corn, split application nitrogen management, the new herbicide options and their effectiveness, and cover crops should consider attending UMN Extension - Winona County’s field day on August 4th. Registration starts at 9:00 am, and the program runs from 9:30 am to noon in Lewiston, MN.
- Looking for resources to protect your flock? Want to know more about symptoms? Here are several resources.
- Commercial vegetable producers, consider attending this workshop to improve your operation.
- The Winona County Extension Advisory Committee chooses a local Farm Family of the Year annually. The committee will be accepting nominations through March 1, 2015.
- Jake Overgaard is the agriculture Extension Educator.
- Landowners: What should rent be on your land? Operators: Calculate what is available for rent per acre.
- This booklet by the North Central Farm Management Extension Committee can help landowners and operators understand advantages and disadvantages of different lease options.
- A written lease helps protect both the landowner and the operator.