- Crops producers and landowners should consider attending this meeting to learn about the provisions of the 2014 Farm Bill, the decisions they need to make, and what strategy will work best.
- University of Minnesota brings its annual Crops Day to St. Charles on January 14th. Come learn about cover crops, soybean, corn, forage, weed, and fertility management to help you make decisions in 2015.
- What is a fair and profitable farm rental agreement? Make plans to attend one of these meetings now. Attendees will receive several informative worksheets and factsheets that will help to determine what a fair 2015 farm land rental rate is.
- Jake Overgaard is the agriculture Extension Educator.
- Landowners: What should rent be on your land? Operators: Calculate what is available for rent per acre.
- This booklet by the North Central Farm Management Extension Committee can help landowners and operators understand advantages and disadvantages of different lease options.
- A written lease helps protect both the landowner and the operator.